Strategic Management: Text and Cases,
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Strategic Management: Text and Cases,written by authors Dess, McNamara, Eisner, and Sauerwald continues itstradition of being readable, relevant, and rigorous. Its engaging writing styleminimizes jargon to maximize readability. It provides examples frommanagement practice and societal themes including environmental sustainability,ethics, globalization, entrepreneurship, and data analytics to make the contentrelevant. It draws on the latest research by management scholars andinsights from executives to balance accessibility with rigor.
The authors provide separate chapters on the role of intellectualassets in value creation (Ch. 4), entrepreneurial strategy and competitivedynamics (Ch. 8), and fostering entrepreneurship in established organizations(Ch. 12). This version includes all the text and 38 cases.
PART 1: STRATEGIC ANALYSIS
Chapter 1: Strategic Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
Chapter 2: Analyzing the External Environment of the Firm
Chapter 3: Assessing the Internal Environment of the Firm
Chapter 4: Recognizing a Firm’s Intellectual Assets: Moving beyond a Firm’s Tangible Resources
PART 2: STRATEGIC FORMULATION
Chapter 5: Business-Level Strategy: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantages
Chapter 6: Corporate-Level Strategy: Creating Value through Diversification
Chapter 7: International Strategy: Creating Value in Global Markets
Chapter 8: Entrepreneurial Strategy and Competitive Dynamics
PART 3: STRATEGIC IMPLEMENTATION
Chapter 9: Strategic Control and Corporate Governance
Chapter 10: Creating Effective Organizational Designs
Chapter 11: Strategic Leadership: Creating a Learning Organization and an Ethical Organization
Chapter 12: Managing Innovation and Fostering Corporate Entrepreneurship
PART 4: CASE ANALYSIS
Chapter 13: Analyzing Strategic Management Cases
1. Robin Hood
2. The Global Casino Industry: Emerging from the Pandemic
3. Theorybridge.com: Making Academic Research Relevant to Practitioners
4. Dirty Laundry in the Fast Fashion Industry: H&M's Dilemma
5. Pocket Radar: The Disruptive Innovator in the Sports Radar Gun Market
6. Haribo and the Gummi Bear Business: A Sticky Situation
7. Coinbase Global Inc.
8. Moet Hennessey Louis Vuitton
9. Southwest Airlines: Can “Luv” Be a Competitive Advantage?
10. JetBlue in 2022
11. Emirates Airline
12. Ford: Traveling Two Roads
13. General Motors: Plugging In?
14. Lime: Is E-Bike Sharing the Next Uber?
15. WW in 2022: Can Weight Watchers Shape Up?
16. The Boston Beer Company: Competition is Brewing
18. Tata Starbucks: A New Brew for India?
19. Nintendo: Could the Switch Turn on Gamers?
20. Apple Inc.: Limits to Growth?
21. Samsung Electronics
22. Zynga: Is the Game Over?
23. Flipkart in the Indian E-Commerce Market
24. eBay: Still Misunderstood
25. Alibaba Group: Rivals at the Gate?
26. Venmo: Better than Cash?
27. Johnson & Johnson
28. Procter & Gamble
29. McDonald's in 2022
30. United Way Worldwide
31. Campbell: How to Keep the Soup Simmering
32. World Wrestling Entertainment in 2022
33. Microfinance: Going Global . . . and Going Public? 34. Greenwood Resources: A Global Sustainable Venture in the Making
35. Kickstarter and Crowdfunding 2022
36. QVC in 2022
37. Cirque du Soleil in 2022
38. Walt Disney Company
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools