Theatre, Brief, 13th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Theatre, Brief emphasizes that theatre is a reflection of ourselves, because at the core of any great art is a commentary on the human experience. Theatre is not merely entertainment, but a way for people to connect with one another and express important ideas about our culture and society. Through coverage of design, acting, and directing, students are given a behind-the-scenes look at professional theatre artists performing their craft.
Theatre, Brief immerses its readers in the world of professional theatre, giving them in-depth descriptions of many job functions and various aspects of a play’s production from beginning to end. Students will enjoy the “Why Study” Spotlight and sidebar features that connect the chapter topics to future careers.
Chapter 2 What Is a Play?
Chapter 3 Acting
Chapter 4 Playwriting
Chapter 5 Design and Technology
Chapter 6 Directing
Chapter 7 Theatre Traditions and Histories
Chapter 8 The Modern Theatre
Chapter 9 Musical Theatre
Chapter 10 Theatre Today
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
- Quick Setup
- Lives within the LMS
- Assignable Readings
- Auto-Graded Chapter Questions