Experience Communication, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Experience Communication meets students where they are by foregrounding the core principles of effective communication and encouraging practical applications across scenarios relevant to their everyday lives.
Today’s students are navigating a world in which most of their personal and professional interactions happen over mediated channels, whether through social media, web conferencing software, or distance learning tools. Experience Communication offers an accessible and relatable program built to address the skills students need to communicate effectively in the classroom, online, and in the workplace.
This approach is strengthened in the new edition with a suite of Connect tools designed to improve student outcomes while streamlining grading for instructors:
- Video Capture powered by GoReact™ is the best way to give feedback on student presentations. It makes assigning and providing personalized feedback easy and it helps improve student outcomes and confidence.
- SmartBook 2.0 provides a personalized and adaptive learning experience for students, while highlighting the most impactful communication concepts the learner needs to study at that time.
- Application-Based Activities are highly interactive, automatically graded, learn-by-doing exercises that provide students a safe space to apply their problem-solving skills to real-world scenarios.
- Writing Assignments offer faculty the ability to assign a full range of writing assignments to students (both manual-scoring and auto-scoring) with just-in-time feedback.
1 Communication, Perception, and Your Life
2 Communicating Verbally
3 Communicating Nonverbally
4 Communicating Through Listening
PART 2 Communication Contexts
5 Interpersonal Communication
6 Intercultural Communication
7 Mediated Communication and Social Media
8 Organizational and Small-Group Communication
PART 3 Public Speaking Basics
9 Topic Selection and Audience Analysis
10 Organizing Your Presentation
11 Gathering Information and Supporting Materials
12 Communication Apprehension and Delivery
PART 4 Speaking to Inform and Persuade
13 Public Presentations to Inform
14 Public Presentations to Persuade
15 Using Communication Skills as You Enter the Workplace
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
- Quick Setup
- Lives within the LMS
- Assignable Readings
- Auto-Graded Chapter Questions
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.