Algebra: Concepts and Applications, Volume 1 2007
Algebra: Concepts & Applications is a comprehensive Algebra 1 program that is available in full and two-volume editions. Algebra: Concepts & Applications uses a clean lesson design with many detailed examples and straightforward narration that make Algebra 1 topics inviting and Algebra 1 content understandable.
Volume 1 contains Chapters 1-8 of Algebra: Concepts & Applications plus an initial section called Chapter A. Chapter A includes a pretest, lessons on prerequisite concepts, and a posttest.
Designed for students who are challenged by high school mathematics, the 2007 edition has many new features and support components.
About the Program
- Foldables™ are added to the beginning of the chapters for a unique way to enhance students’ study skills.
- Concept Summaries highlight definitions, formulas, and other important ideas.
- Homework Help with Extra Practice directs students to appropriate lesson examples to use as references for completing the exercises and to locate the appropriate additional practice pages.
- Updated and new website links include: Self-Check Quizzes, Extra Examples, and Vocabulary Review games.
- Chapter A: Pretest, Prerequisite Concept Lessons, Posttest
- Chapter 1: The Language of Algebra
- Chapter 2: Integers
- Chapter 3: Addition and Subtraction Equations
- Chapter 4: Multiplication and Division Equations
- Chapter 5: Proportional Reasoning and Probability
- Chapter 6: Functions and Graphs
- Chapter 7: Linear Equations
- Chapter 8: Powers and Roots