Discovering Life Skills © 2016
- Reading strategies and study tools guide students and support differentiated instruction.
- Character Counts and The Right Thing To Do provide real-life scenarios that ask students to use their best judgment and solve common problems teens experience with friends and family; thus, students will build upon their character and gain new responsibilities.
- New and revised academic integration - with relevant standards cited at point of use - includes Math, Science, and English Language Arts.
- Project-based pedagogy is used throughout the program through Unit Portfolio Projects, and financial education is thoroughly integrated.
- Hands-On Lab provides students with opportunities in every unit to put their new skills and knowledge to work with hands-on activities.
- Content updates include new images throughout and updates MyPyramid to MyPlate.
Discovering Life Skills © 2016 features online resources on the MHE ConnectED platform empowering teachers to easily teach, manage classroom assignments, and engage students. Teachers can access the student eBook, digital resources, assessment and planning tools in one convenient location. Print teacher editions are available print-on-demand on Create™.