Street Law: A Course in Practical Law © 2016
Street Law: A Course in Practical Law ©2016 provides young people with practical legal knowledge that is relevant to their everyday lives. This knowledge is delivered using Street Law's signature student-centered, interactive, democratic pedagogy, which ensures that students develop and hone the high-level critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, and communication skills that are consistent with emerging state standards.
The 9th edition has been updated to include new and revised content on the following topics:
- Marriage equality and federalism
- Capital punishment
- Military law and terrorism
- Rights and responsibilities in the workplace
- Intellectual property: copyrights, trademarks, and patents
- Discrimination and affirmative action
- Affordable Care Act
- Supreme Court cases (as of the summer of 2015)
- Human rights and international law
- The Case of...
- You Be The Judge
- Taking Action: Law and Democracy
- Investigating the Law Where You Live
- For Your Information (FYI)
- Steps to Take
- Vocabulary words defined in the margin when they first appear.
- Charts and graphs with data analysis activities
- Public policy deliberations added to the teacher manual
- Revised assessment program