Pedagogy and Features
Pedagogy for McGraw Hill Networks
Spark Inquiry and Promote Critical Thinking
The Inquiry Journals are interactive work texts that will equip students to think critically through active learning. By researching, evaluating sources, and completing evidence-based writing tasks, students learn how to reach informed conclusions and take action.
Meaningful Support for Students and Teachers
- Point-of-use differentiation strategies for approaching-level, beyond-level, and ELL students
- Adjustable reading levels, audio, and closed captioning
- Reading Essentials and Study Guide to support below-level readers
- Comprehensive Spanish language resources, with print Spanish Student Editions for select titles
- A QuickStart Guide for teachers.
Point-of-use differentiation for ELL students is shown here
Teach Your Way With Flexible Pathways
Networks enables flexible pathways for teaching and learning. Planning guides offer a custom path to use the resources – print, digital, inquiry, or project-based - so you can teach your way.
- Inquiry Path: Encourages students to engage with the essential question by analyzing primary sources, reporting findings, and taking action.
- Teacher-Directed Path: Supports teachers by providing interactive, differentiated activities and a linear path through the content. Assessments wrap-up the lessons and chapters.
- Project Path: Encourages students to engage with the essential question by creating a product or project, often developing the skills of collaboration and teamwork.
Features for McGraw Hill Networks
Online Teacher Center
- Access online lesson plans and library of resources.
- Send and receive messages from students.
- Review recent assignments.
- Access interactive activities, printable worksheets, and other resources that support the lesson.
- Start a lesson presentation, made up of slides showing maps, timelines, and resources, for whole class instruction.
Online Student CenterStudents can plan, study, check teacher messages, get assignments, and save work. Students can also access these engaging resources:
- Primary Sources
- Inquiry Journal
Resources are accessible right at the lesson via a carousel. Students can also change the text size for ease of reading, access audio read-aloud, and annotation tools for close reading.
Reading and writing support such as guided notes, vocabulary pop-ups, and graphic organizers, help improve understanding of the content.