SmartBook 2.0® User Guide
This SmartBook 2.0 User Guide will walk you through how to build and assign adaptive reading assignments and use reports.
Build a SmartBook 2.0 Assignment
- To build a new SmartBook 2.0 Assignment, click the New Assignment button.
- Then choose which chapter(s) you want students to study. Click Continue at the bottom of the page.
Now you can select the content in the chapter you want students to focus on.
- If you have specific learning objectives you want students to study, you can choose them by clicking on the concept boxes. It’s important to track which specific concepts you included for future reference. You can create multiple assignments for the same chapter if there are several concepts you want students to review.
- If you want students to study the chapter overall, you can use the slider bar on the right side of the page to set how much time students should work on the assignment. This is an estimate, the amount of time an assignment takes will be unique for each student. a. Please note: The slider bar estimate does not include the time spent reading, it is the estimated time students will spend answering questions related to the key concepts in the assignment.
- Click Continue in the lower right-hand corner.
You’re almost done! To finish you need to:
- Name the assignment.
- Set a start date (optional) and a due date.
- Set the point value for the assignment. We recommend assigning points to SmartBook 2.0 assignments to encourage students to complete them. Click Assign when you’re done.
Your SmartBook 2.0 assignment will appear in your course assignments list on your course homepage.
SmartBook 2.0 provides a more accessible student experience by including improved color contrast, descriptions for images, increased keyboard navigation, and enhanced screen reader support. Work is ongoing to improve the user experience for all users. A VPAT is available upon request.
Want to Chat? Our Team is Available to Help.
Tech Support Representatives
Customer Service Team
Contact customer service for questions regarding pricing, orders, shipping, or returns.
Visit the Customer Service Online Support Center or contact us below: Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET Phone: (800) 338-3987 Fax: (800) 953-8691 By Mail: McGraw Hill P.O. Box 182605 Columbus, OH 43218