Spreadsheet Tools for Engineers Using Excel, 4th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
This practical text is a perfect fit for introductory engineering courses by successfully combining an introduction to Excel fundamentals with a clear presentation on how Excel can be used to solve common engineering problems. Updated to ensure compatibility with Excel 2016, Spreadsheet Tools provides beginning engineering students with a strong foundation in problem solving using Excel as the modern day equivalent of the slide rule. The book is intended primarily as a textbook for use in introductory engineering courses, although it may also be of interest to more advanced students and many practicing engineers. The author provides plenty of background information on technical terms, and provides numerous examples illustrating both traditional and spreadsheet solutions for a variety of engineering problems. The first three chapters introduce the basics of problem solving and Excel fundamentals. Beyond that, the chapters are largely independent of one another. Topics covered include graphing data, unit conversions, data analysis, interpolation and curve fitting, solving equations, evaluating integrals, creating macros, and comparing economic alternatives.
1. Engineering Analysis and Spreadsheets
2. Creating an Excel Worksheet
3. Editing an Excel Worksheet
4. Making Logical Decisions (IF-THEN-ELSE)
5. Graphing Data
6. Analyzing Data Statisically
7. Fitting Equations to Data
8. Sorting and Filtering Data
9. Transferring Data
10. Converting Units
11. Solving Single Equations
12. Solving Simultaneous Equations
13. Evaluating Integrals
14. Creating and Executing Macros and Functions
15. Comparing Economic Alternatives
16. Finding Optimum Solutions
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources