Welsh, Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology, ©2022, 16e
Grades: 9 - 12
A market leader for decades, this trusted text is the gold-standard approach to Anatomy and Physiology. Excellent for electives and CTE courses on the path to healthcare, Hole’s Human Anatomy & Physiology makes its comprehensive content accessible by focusing on fundamentals and ensuring understanding with its “Learn, Practice, Assess” system.
A market leader for over 40 years, Hole’s Human Anatomy & Physiology delivers a comprehensive, in-depth exploration of the human body while emphasizing the fundamentals for students with little-to-no prior science knowledge. The proven “Learn, Practice, Assess” system ensures student understanding, application, and mastery of complex concepts while the “Understanding Words” feature builds a solid anatomy and physiology vocabulary.
With this new edition of Hole’s Human Anatomy & Physiology, we introduce Charles Welsh as the primary author. With more than 30 years of experience teaching future nurses and other allied health professionals, Dr. Welsh brings a cohesive narrative and a fresh perspective to this well-respected text. Students will connect with the accessible, engaging, and relevant content that integrates real-world issues, clinical applications, and the latest scientific advancements. Additional teaching and learning features include:
• An enhanced dynamic art program to help clarify key principles, increase visual impact, and ensure accuracy to reinforce important concepts.
• The chapter-level Career Corner that introduces students to a variety of fields of practice and related occupations.
• A Lab Manual with 34 hands-on activities designed to complement any anatomy and physiology course.
• A bundle option that includes access to the Anatomy and Physiology Revealed (APR) 4.0 virtual dissection tool.
PREVIEW Foundations for Success
- CHAPTER P.1 Approaches to Learning
- CHAPTER P.2 Strategies for Success
UNIT 1 Levels of Organization
- CHAPTER 1 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
- CHAPTER 2 Chemical Basis of Life
- CHAPTER 3 Cells
- CHAPTER 4 Cellular Metabolism
- CHAPTER 5 Tissues
UNIT 2 Support and Movement
- CHAPTER 6 Integumentary System
- CHAPTER 7 Skeletal System
- CHAPTER 8 Joints of the Skeletal System
- CHAPTER 9 Muscular System
UNIT 3 Integration and Coordination
- CHAPTER 10 Nervous System I: Basic Structure and Function
- CHAPTER 11 Nervous System II: Divisions of the Nervous System
- CHAPTER 12 Nervous System III: Senses
- CHAPTER 13 Endocrine System
UNIT 4 Transport
- CHAPTER 14 Blood
- CHAPTER 15 Cardiovascular System
- CHAPTER 16 Lymphatic System and Immunity
UNIT 5 Absorption and Excretion
- CHAPTER 17 Digestive System
- CHAPTER 18 Nutrition and Metabolism
- CHAPTER 19 Respiratory System
- CHAPTER 20 Urinary System
- CHAPTER 21 Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
UNIT 6 The Human Life Cycle
- CHAPTER 22 Reproductive Systems
- CHAPTER 23 Pregnancy, Growth, and Development
- CHAPTER 24 Genetics and Genomics