Mader, Biology, ©2022, 14e
Grades: 9 - 12
Support your AP students’ success with Mader Biology! This exciting, approachable new edition is fully aligned with the AP Curriculum Framework. Strong authorship and powerful pedagogy make Mader Biology a trusted resource among educators. The engaging, easy-to-understand content is excellent for diverse learners.
• An AP Introductory Chapter and AP Unit Openers that detail how chapters within the unit align to the Framework.
• AP Chapter Openers that address the AP units and AP topics covered in each chapter.
• High-interest, boxed features to reinforce the AP Big Ideas.
• End-of-section “AP Check Your Progress” reviews.
• AP Unit Review Guides to reinforce concepts in the context of the course and Exam.
• AP Chapter summaries and AP Assessments with multiple-choice and free-response questions correlated to the topics and learning objectives in each chapter.
• AP Test Prep with interactive Unit Reviews covering 65 topics organized around the Framework.
• Two full AP practice exams.
• Virtual labs.
• An AP Edition eBook and a Smartbook that delivers adaptive, personalized reading experience anytime, anywhere.
• Two complete Teacher Manuals, one traditional and an alternate organized around the College Board AP Units.
- CHAPTER 1 Biology: The Study of Life
Unit 1 The Cell
- CHAPTER 2 Basic Chemistry
- CHAPTER 3 The Chemistry of Organic Molecules
- CHAPTER 4 Cell Structure and Function
- CHAPTER 5 Membrane Structure and Function
- CHAPTER 6 Metabolism: Energy and Enzymes
- CHAPTER 7 Photosynthesis
- CHAPTER 8 Cellular Respiration
Unit 2 Genetic Basis of Life
- CHAPTER 9 The Cell Cycle and Cellular Reproduction
- CHAPTER 10 Meiosis and Sexual Reproduction
- CHAPTER 11 Mendelian Patterns of Inheritance
- CHAPTER 12 Molecular Biology of the Gene
- CHAPTER 13 Regulation of Gene Expression
- CHAPTER 14 Biotechnology and Genomics
Unit 3 Evolution
- CHAPTER 15 Darwin and Evolution
- CHAPTER 16 How Populations Evolve
- CHAPTER 17 Speciation and Macroevolution
- CHAPTER 18 The Origin and History of Life
- CHAPTER 19 Taxonomy, Systematics, and Phylogeny
Unit 4 Microbial Evolution
- CHAPTER 20 Viruses, Bacteria, and Archaea
- CHAPTER 21 Protist Evolution and Diversity
- CHAPTER 22 Fungi Evolution and Diversity
Unit 5 Plant Evolution and Biology
- CHAPTER 23 Plant Evolution and Diversity
- CHAPTER 24 Flowering Plants: Structure and Organization
- CHAPTER 25 Flowering Plants: Nutrition and Transport
- CHAPTER 26 Flowering Plants: Control of Growth Responses
- CHAPTER 27 Flowering Plants: Reproduction
Unit 6 Animal Evolution and Diversity
- CHAPTER 28 Invertebrate Evolution
- CHAPTER 29 Vertebrate Evolution
- CHAPTER 30 Human Evolution
Unit 7 Comparative Animal Biology
- CHAPTER 31 Animal Organization and Homeostasis
- CHAPTER 32 Circulation and Cardiovascular Systems
- CHAPTER 33 The Lymphatic and Immune System
- CHAPTER 34 Digestive Systems and Nutrition
- CHAPTER 35 Respiratory Systems
- CHAPTER 36 Body Fluid Regulation and Excretory Systems
- CHAPTER 37 Neurons and Nervous Systems
- CHAPTER 38 Sense Organs
- CHAPTER 39 Locomotion and Support Systems
- CHAPTER 40 Hormones and Endocrine Systems
- CHAPTER 41 Reproductive Systems
- CHAPTER 42 Animal Development and Aging
- CHAPTER 43 Animal Behavior
Unit 8 Ecology
- CHAPTER 44 Population Ecology
- CHAPTER 45 Community and Ecosystem Ecology
- CHAPTER 46 Major Ecosystems of the Biosphere
- CHAPTER 47 Conservation of Biodiversity