Illuminate the principles and concepts of the once obscure science of genetics with Human Genetics: Concepts and Applications. This new 12th edition is updated to reflect the evolution of genetics, presenting the study of genomic variation and heredity in organisms as the basis for medical science.
Updated content empowers students with:
- Learning outcomes in each chapter that guide students through content mastery.
- The Big Picture which encapsulates the overall theme of each chapter.
- Captivating photography and vibrant, dimensional illustrations.
- High interest, highlighted content that engages students, including:
- Clinical Connections
- A Glimpse of History
- Technology Timeline
- SmartBook®, an adaptive eBook that personalizes reading content for each student.
PART ONE: Introduction
- CHAPTER 1 What is in a Human Genome?
- CHAPTER 2 Cells
- CHAPTER 3 Meiosis, Development, and Aging
PART TWO: Transmission Genetics
- CHAPTER 4 Single-Gene Inheritance
- CHAPTER 5 Beyond Mandel’s Laws
- CHAPTER 6 Matters of Sex
- CHAPTER 7 Multifactorial Traits
- CHAPTER 8 Genetics of Behavior
PART THREE: DNA and Chromosomes
- CHAPTER 9 DNA Structure and Replication
- CHAPTER 10 Gene Action: From DNA to Protein
- CHAPTER 11 Gene Expression and Epigenetics
- CHAPTER 12 Gene Mutation
- CHAPTER 13 Chromosomes
PART FOUR: Population Genetics
- CHAPTER 14 Constant Allele Frequencies and DNA Forensics
- CHAPTER 15 Changing Allele Frequencies
- CHAPTER 16 Human Ancestry and Evolution
PART FIVE: IMMUNITY AND CANCER
- CHAPTER 17 Genetics of Immunity
- CHAPTER 18 Cancer Genetics and Genomics
PART SIX: DNA TECHNOLOGY
- CHAPTER 19 DNA Technologies
- CHAPTER 20 Genetic Testing and Treatment
- CHAPTER 21 Reproductive Technologies
- CHAPTER 22 Genomics