Grades: 6 - 12
Fusion Reading is a comprehensive, research-based intervention program that helps turn struggling students into fluent, competent, and confident readers. Students learn to read award-winning books that are relevant to their lives and the problems they may face.
Fusion Reading is a comprehensive, research-based reading intervention program for students in grades 6-12. The flexible, multi-year program provides struggling adolescent students the skills they need to quickly become fluent, competent, and confident readers. Students learn to read award-winning books that are relevant to their lives and the problems they face. Fusion Reading:
- Engages students with reading materials relevant to their lives
- Invigorates students with skills and strategies they need to become successful readers
- Empowers students to move to the academic classroom with confidence
Students in Fusion Reading have made statistically significant gains in reading scores. Students learn the skills and strategies necessary to become better readers, both in their reading classes as well as their other academic classes. Jamestown’s popular non-fiction texts provide the high-interest reading selections to support this program.
- Explicit: Provides instruction using age-appropriate leveled text to effectively teach reading skills and strategies and engage students
- Proven: Increases student engagement and reading outcomes supporting 1½ year to 2 years of growth in one year of instruction
- Flexible: Adapts to various instructional settings and easily adapts to multiple block schedule formats
- Research Based: Developed and field tested through an IES grant at the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning