About the Program
Fusion Reading is a comprehensive, research-based reading intervention program for students in grades 6-12. The flexible, multi-year program provides struggling adolescent students the skills they need to quickly become fluent, competent, and confident readers. Students learn to read award-winning books that are relevant to their lives and the problems they face. Fusion Reading:
- Engages students with reading materials relevant to their lives
- Invigorates students with skills and strategies they need to become successful readers
- Empowers students to move to the academic classroom with confidence
Students in Fusion Reading have made statistically significant gains in reading scores. Students learn the skills and strategies necessary to become better readers, both in their reading classes as well as their other academic classes. Jamestown’s popular non-fiction texts provide the high-interest reading selections to support this program.
- Explicit: Provides instruction using age-appropriate leveled text to effectively teach reading skills and strategies and engage students
- Proven: Increases student engagement and reading outcomes supporting 1½ year to 2 years of growth in one year of instruction
- Flexible: Adapts to various instructional settings and easily adapts to multiple block schedule formats
- Research Based: Developed and field tested through an IES grant at the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning
Fusion Reading, Student Package
Fusion Reading Teacher Classroom Package w/ Online PD (10), 3 year
Fusion Reading Online Professional Development, 10 Modules, 1-year subscription
Fusion Reading Plus, Book 1
Fusion Reading Plus, Book 2
Fusion Reading Plus, Book 3
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.
Additional Details & Resources
What is Fusion Reading?
Target Grade Levels
Establish the Course
The Prediction Strategy
The Bridging Strategy
The Vocabulary Process
The Summarization Strategy
The PASS Strategy
Fusion Reading Closes the Gap
- Technical Report: Fusion Reading Program
Studies conducted by The University of Kansas Center for Research and Learning
Evidence of Success
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Case Study
This report shows how 40 middle schools with a sizeable deficit in literacy found a solid solution in Fusion Reading.
- Newton Conover City Schools Case Study
This report shows how the school implemented Fusion Reading to help students in the ninth grade that were reading at the second or third grade level.
- Liberty Middle School Case Study
This report show how Fusion was successfully implemented for grades 6 to 9 for students who needed help in both Special Ed and Regular Ed classrooms.