DLM Early Childhood Express
About the Program
The DLM Early Childhood Express is a holistic, child-centered program that nurtures each child by offering focused, meaningful instruction that is developmentally appropriate. The complete system provides a wealth of English and Spanish materials to help foster the social-emotional, intellectual, and physical development of children.
Children learn best by connecting what they know with what they learn. Essential Questions in units connect children to new ideas and understanding.
Easy-to-use lessons link essential disciplines to make instruction more relevant and help children recognize patterns in learning.
- Social-emotional development is addressed everyday through positive reinforcement, interactive activities, and engaging songs to help model and build interpersonal skills.
- Reading/ language arts lessons are focused on language acquisition which include oral language development and vocabulary activities.
- Mathematics is based on Building Blocks, the result of NSF-funded research, and designed to develop children's early mathematical knowledge through various individual and group activities.
- Science instruction provides students with skills in investigating and observing scientific concepts and methods during weekly science-focused, large-group activities, and Center Time activities.
- Fine arts provides student opportunities for expressing art, dance, and music.
- Social studies is addressed weekly and allows children to learn about community, history, geography, and citizenship.
- Physical movement is integrated into each lesson to help each child develop appropriate gross and fine motor skills.
- Technology skills for the 21st century are incorporated each week with the use of online math activities, computer time, and eBooks.
- Health and safety lessons help children begin to make good decisions about healthy living and safety.
The DLM Early Childhood Express provides literature, technology, and teacher resources in English and Spanish to help every teacher set up and deliver a dynamic learning environment for all children.
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.
Additional Details & Resources
- Program Overview
- Overview Brochure
- Fact Sheet
- Assessment Brochure
- Transition Book Flyer
- Technology Flyer
- New Components (comparison of new vs old DLM)
- Packages and Component List
- Letter and Sound Instruction
- Skills Matrix
- Themes and Literature Selections
- Audio and Literature Selections
- DLM Approach for At-Risk Preschoolers
- Assessment Overview Pages
- Front Matter from Teachers Resource Sampler
- Transition Book Sampler
- National Teacher Edition Unit 5, Week 3
- Making Good Choices Flip Chart, Unit 5, Week 3
- Math and Science Flip Chart, Unit 5, Week 3
- Concept Big Book, Unit 5 Amazing Animals
- Spanish Concept Big Book, Unit 5 Animales Asombrosos
- Teachers Treasure Book, Unit 5, Week 3
- Oral Language Development Cards, Unit 5, Week 3
- Flannel Boards, A to G
- Flannel Boards, H to P
- Flannel Boards, Q to Z
- Enlarged Flannel Boards, A to G
- Enlarged Flannel Boards, H to P
- Enlarged Flannel Boards, Q to Z
- DLM to Common Core State Standards
- Correlation to High Scope Key Developmental Indicators
- Correlation to The Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework
- Correlation to California Preschool Learning Foundations Social-Emotional Development
- Alignment of the Arizona State Early Learning Standards with Teaching Strategies GOLD™ Objectives for Development & Learning: Birth through Kindergarten
- Correlation to Florida Standards
- DLM Correlation with TSR!
- Correlations to Head Start Child Outcome Framework
- Correlations to Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
- Correlations to Prekindergarten Guidelines - from Texas Education Agency (English)
- Correlations to Prekindergarten Guidelines - from Texas Education Agency (Spanish)
- Correlations to Head Start Child Outcomes Framework (Texas)
- Correlations to West Virginia Early Learning Standards
- Literature Correlation to Doors to Discovery
- Alphabet Knowledge and Phonological Awareness
- Developing Preschool Children's Writing
- Oral Language Why, What, and How in PreK
- Preschool Math Programs Creative Pathways to Knowledge
- Teaching Multicultural and English Language Learners
Randomized Control Studies
- Effects of Preschool Curriculum on Programs on School Readiness
This study evaluated the impact of 14 preschool curricula on a variety of classroom and student-level outcomes. The independent researchers found that DLM Early Childhood Express supplemented with Open Court Reading PRE-K had large and statistically significant effects on measures of students reading, phonological awareness, and language skills.