Differentiated Instruction: Guidelines for Implementation K–5
About the Program
This online workshop provides step-by-step procedures that help to make differentiating instruction happen in classrooms. Participants will learn how to establish routines as well as procedures for managing whole class and small group teaching and collaborative and/or independent practice. These practical suggestions provide ways to differentiate what educators do with students in small groups to improve instructional effectiveness and increase student achievement. This content and methodology applies to grades K-5 in any content area.
Content for this online workshop is based on two books, Differentiated Instruction: Grouping for Success (2008), and Differentiating Instruction: Guidelines for Implementation (2009), both authored by Vicki Gibson, Ph.D., and Jan Hasbrouck, Ph.D., available at www.gha-pd.com.
- Understand the research and rationale for differentiating instruction and student practice.
- Understand how to use step-by-step practical suggestions for implementing differentiating instruction at any grade level.
- Develop predictable routines and procedures that help teachers manage the environment and student behaviors while he/she works with a small group.
- Use practical management suggestions for differentiating teaching and learning using whole class and small group, teacher-led explicit instruction, and workstations for collaborative or independent practice.
RttT/SIG Assurances covered:
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Turning Around the Lowest Performing Schools
Audience: Administrators, Support Staff, Teachers, Paraprofessionals
Number of Participants: 1
Delivery Method: Online
Time: 4-6 hours
Differentiating Instruction: Guidelines for Implementation K-5 Administrator Workshop ©2012, 1 Year Subscription.
Differentiating Instruction: Guidelines for Implementation K-5 Teacher Workshop ©2012, 1 Year Subscription.
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.