Chemistry: Concepts and Applications © 2009
Benefits Designed for Your Classroom:
- Strong visual literacy and reading support for comprehension that allows chemistry to be accessible to students.
- Real-world applications that reveal the impact of chemistry on students’ lives.
- Engaging inquiry skills that allow students to really think like scientists.
- Differentiated instructional strategies that address diverse learners.
- Integrated technology that saves time and increases teacher productivity.
- Real-World Reading Link draws students’ attention into each section with applications to their world.
- Dinah Zike’s Foldables®. Foldables provide students with a unique way to organize key information for study and review.
- Concepts in Motion animations visually illustrate chemistry concepts or processes on the Glencoe Web site.
- Launch Labs, MiniLabs, and ChemLabs develop a progression of knowledge and skills needed to be successful with the ChemLab. The program lab strand fosters a strong inquiry-approach to learning that allows students to think and conduct experiments like scientists.
- Try-at-Home Labs are unique opportunities for students to reinforce learning.