Managing Behavior to Support Differentiated Instruction
About the Program
Teachers must teach students how to manage the freedom of collaborative learning, communicating respectfully, and cooperating with peers. This online workshop presents a proactive communication system called Two Choice Discipline (TCD) that clearly identifies acceptable responses, choices, and preset consequences. TCD helps adults and students communicate respectfully and apply reasonable decision-making and self-regulation.
Content for this online workshop is based on materials authored by Vicki Gibson, Ph.D., Managing Behavior to Support Differentiating Instruction (2010) and Parenting Responsible Children (2010), available at www.gha-pd.com.
- Practice and develop active listening.
- Learn to select appropriate choices and consequences to be taught and used as safe boundaries for participation and decision-making.
- Develop ways to teach responsible, accountable decision-making and develop self-regulation.
- Establish ways to clearly identify performance expectations for students when a teacher is working with another small group.
RttT/SIG Assurances covered:
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Turning Around the Lowest Performing Schools
Audience: Administrators, Support Staff, Teachers, Paraprofessionals
Number of Participants: 1
Delivery Method: Online
Time: 4-6 hours
Managing Behavior to Support Differentiated Instruction Administrator Workshop ©2012, 1 Year Subscription
Managing Behavior to Support Differentiated Instruction Teacher Workshop ©2012, 1 Year Subscription
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.