Adaptive learning engine
What is SmartBook 2.0?
SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study.
How the Adaptive Logic Works
Based off extensive research by our learning scientists and rooted in principles like spacing, chunking, and interleaving, SmartBook 2.0 creates mini-cycles of questions that consist of no more than five concepts at a time creating smaller, easier to absorb “chunks” of content. Each mini-cycle works like this:
- It utilizes questions that are different but with related ideas.
- Once students demonstrate that they understand a concept, the related questions will no longer appear.
- If students continue to struggle with a concept, they are more likely to encounter repeating questions.
This is how SmartBook 2.0 limits guessing and short-term, rote memorization. This unique question approach improves comprehension and long-term retention.
Customize your curriculum content based on your instructional needs. With SmartBook 2.0, you have the ability to:
- Control the breadth of content assigned by choosing which concepts should be covered.
- Control the depth of topic coverage within each concept, allowing SmartBook 2.0 to prioritize topic-related questions accordingly.
- Review student progress by monitoring their results in real-time.
You have the control to create New Assignments and build a foundation using new chapters and concepts or Review Assignments from previously assigned concepts.
Students are able to architect their learning journey by choosing their approach to assignments, how they want to be prescribed support through the Reading or Interactive Learning Resource and have the ability to use the self-study Recharge feature for extra practice on challenging concepts as many times as they need to feel confident with the objective.
In-Depth Progress Monitoring
SmartBook 2.0 tracks student progress and provides reports that allow educators to identify exactly where and when students are struggling. It helps you easily identify students who may be at risk and spend time helping them with the concepts and topics they need to learn to succeed.
Students are to monitor their own progress and take ownership for their learning.
The ReadAnywhere app gives you and your students the ability to download and read entire eBooks or specific chapters, take notes, make annotations and complete assignments, even when offline. Once their mobile devices are connected again, they can sync their assignments and notes by opening the app. Learn more.