Log In to My PreK-12 Platform
Connect Student Accessibility Tips
Learn more about the Connect assistive technology features, including tips to navigate your materials, engage with text alternatives to media, and adjust your settings to get the most out of your Connect course materials.
PREVIEW THE PDF
Student Accessibility Tips
If you are a student who uses assistive technology, this document is for you! Here you’ll find tips to navigate your materials, engage with text alternatives to media, and adjust your assistive technology settings to get the most out of your Connect course materials.
All information in this document about how to use or change settings for assistive technology may vary based on your particular software and version.
- eBook Orientation
- Keyboard-only use – no screen reader
- Keyboard shortcuts to navigate assignments
- Assistive technology settings
- Video captions and standard transcripts – audio content only
- Described transcripts for videos – select videos only
- Reading content (eBooks, SmartBook, assignments, etc.) with a screen reader
- Data table navigation for screen reader users
- Assignment navigation for screen reader user
- Tips for navigating supplemental materials for screen reader users
- Discipline-specific tips
- STEM courses
- English courses
- Accounting, economics, etc. courses
- Courses using Excel