Social Problems and the Quality of Life, 15th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Social Problems and the Quality of Life explores some of the most crucial social issues of our time and how they impact quality of life, providing a firm foundation in how to identify a social problem and the sociological theories and methods for understanding these key concerns. Exploring social problems on a global level, this book is a comprehensive guide to critically analyzing current issues that the nation and the world face today.
CHAPTER 1: UNDERSTANDING SOCIAL PROBLEMS
PART 2: PROBLEMS OF BEHAVIORAL DEVIANCE
CHAPTER 2: ALCOHOL AND OTHER DRUGS
CHAPTER 3: CRIME AND DELINQUENCY
CHAPTER 4: VIOLENCE
CHAPTER 5: SEXUAL DEVIANCE
PART 3: PROBLEMS OF INEQUALITY
CHAPTER 6: POVERTY
CHAPTER 7: GENDER AND SEXUAL ORIENTATION
CHAPTER 8: RACE, ETHNIC GROUPS, AND RACISM
PART 4: PROBLEMS OF SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS
CHAPTER 9: GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
CHAPTER 10: WORK AND THE ECONOMY
CHAPTER 11: EDUCATION
CHAPTER 12: FAMILY PROBLEMS
CHAPTER 13: HEALTH CARE AND ILLNESS: PHYSICAL AND MENTAL
PART 5: GLOBAL SOCIAL PROBLEMS
CHAPTER 14: WAR AND TERRORISM
CHAPTER 15: THE ENVIRONMENT
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources