- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Operations Management in the Supply Chain: Decisions and Cases is an ideal book for the instructor seeking a short text with cases. This book employs a cross-functional perspective that emphasizes strategy and critical thinking, appealing to non-majors and practical for use in an MBA level or undergraduate course in operations management. The size and focus of the book also make the text attractive for the cross-functional curriculum where students are required to purchase more than one text. The eighteen cases offer variety in length and rigor; and several are from Ivey, Stanford, and Darden. This mix makes the book appropriate for both undergraduates and MBA students.
2. Operations and Supply Chain Strategy
3. Product Design
4. Process Selection
5. Service Delivery System Design
6. Process-Flow Analysis
7. Lean Thinking and Lean Systems
8. Managing Quality
9. Quality Control and Improvement
11. Capacity Planning
12. Scheduling Operations
13. Project Planning and Scheduling
14. Independent Demand Inventory
15. Materials Requirements Planning and ERP
16. Supply Chain Management
18. Global Logistics
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources