Microeconomics, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Steve Slavin's lively and comprehensive Microeconomics 12e has a student-friendly, step-by-step approach. Slavin introduces more math review than other products to help students get past math phobias through consistent practice. The content is set up as an interactive,in-text study guide. Students are encouraged to read actively, solve numerical problems, draw graphs, and do economic analysis as they read the text. Matched with the extensive learning tools available in Connect,including SmartBook, interactive graphs and videos, Slavin provides a complete learning environment for the introductory economics student.
Chapter 2: Resource Utilization
Chapter 3: The Mixed Economy
Chapter 4: Supply and Demand
Chapter 5: Demand, Supply, and Equilibrium
Chapter 6: The Price Elasticities of Demand and Supply
Chapter 7: Theory of Consumer Behavior
Chapter 8: Cost
Chapter 9: Profit, Loss, and Perfect Competition
Chapter 10: Monopoly
Chapter 11: Monopolistic Competition
Chapter 12: Oligopoly
Chapter 13: Corporate Mergers and Antitrust
Chapter 14: Demand in the Factor Market
Chapter 15: Labor Unions
Chapter 16: Labor Markets and Wage Rates
Chapter 17: Rent, Interest, and Profit
Chapter 18: Income Distribution and Poverty
Chapter 19: International Trade
Chapter 20: International Finance
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org