Medical Language for Modern Health Care, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Medical Language for Modern Health Care uses a contextual learning approach to introduce medical terminology within a healthcare environment. Chapters are broken into lessons that present and define terminology through the context of anatomy and physiology, pathology, diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures as well as pharmacology.
2 Word Analysis and Communication
3 The Body as a Whole
4 Integumentary System
5 Digestive System
6 Urinary System
7 Male Reproductive System
8 Female Reproductive System
9 Nervous System
10 Cardiovascular System
12 Lymphatic and Immune System
13 Respiratory System
14 Skeletal System
15 Muscles and Tendons, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR)
16 Special Senses of the Eye and Ear
17 Endocrine System
18 Mental Health
21 Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources