Human Geography, 13th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
This thirteenth edition of Human Geography retains the organization and structure of its earlier versions. Like them, it seeks to introduce its users to the scope and excitement of geography and its relevance to their daily lives and roles as informed citizens. We recognize that for any students, human geography may be their first or only work in geography and this, their first or only textbook in the discipline. For these students particularly, we seek to convey the richness and breadth of human geography and to give insight into the nature and intellectual challenges of the field of geography itself.
1 Introduction: Some Background Basics
Part 1 Themes and Fundamentals of Human Geography
2 Roots and Meaning of Culture
3 Spatial Interaction and Spatial Behavior
4 Population: World Patterns, Regional Trends
Part 2 Patterns of Diversity and Unity
5 Language and Religion: Mosaics of Culture
6 Ethnic Geography: Threads of Diversity
7 Cultural Identities and Cultural Landscapes: Diversity and Uniformity
Part 3 Dynamic Patterns of the Space Economy
8 Economic Geography: Primary Activities
9 Economic Geography: Manufacturing and Services
10 Economic Development and Change
Part 4 Landscapes of Functional Organization
11 Urban Systems and Urban Structures
12 The Political Ordering of Space
Part 5 Human Actions and Environmental Impacts
13 Human Impacts on Natural Systems
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org