* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
The rate of change in advertising and IMC over the past several years has been continued to be MASSIVE. Weigold/Arens, Contemporary Advertising has been revised to include the latest trends and industry disruptors impacting the world of advertising today.
- Our biggest changes are significantly more discussion of digital media in IMC and advertising throughout the book and specifically in the chapters on creative, media, and social media with the help of experts in these disciplines.
- Greater attention was given to ongoing issues of consumer privacy and data protection as well as ethics, diversity, and inclusion in the industry.
- Digital disruption is featured in new content on cable's biggest competitor, streaming or OTT video. Also, Chapter 13, formerly "Using Electronic Media: Television and Radio," is now titled "Using Audio and Video Media," reflecting how television is no longer the primary medium for video and how branded opportunities in audio include far more than radio.
Chapter 1: Advertising and IMC Today
Chapter 2: The Big Picture: The Functions of Advertising and Its Evolution
Chapter 3: The Big Picture: Economic, Ethical, and Regulatory Aspects
Chapter 4: The Scope of Advertising: From Local to Global
Chapter 5: Marketing and Consumer Behavior: The Foundations of IMC
Chapter 6: Market Segmentation and the Marketing Mix: Determinants of Campaign Strategy
Chapter 7: Research: Gathering Information for IMC Planning
Chapter 8: Marketing and IMC Planning
Chapter 9: Planning Media Strategy: Disseminating the Message
Chapter 10: Creative Strategy and the Creative Process
Chapter 11: Creative Execution: Art and Copy
Chapter 12: Advertising in Print Media
Chapter 13: Using Audio and Video Media
Chapter 14: Using Digital Interactive Media
Chapter 15: Social Media
Chapter 16: Using Out-of-Home, Exhibitive, and Supplementary Media
Chapter 17: Relationship Building: Direct Marketing, Personal Selling, and Sales Promotion
Chapter 18: Relationship Building: Public Relations, Sponsorship, and Corporate Advertising
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools