- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Career Directions will prepare you to enter and succeed in today's workplace. Designed to help you create your distinct personal brand and effectively tell YOUR STORY to prospective employers, distinguish yourself in today's highly competitive employment market in ways that lead you to successful interviews to land and maintain your ideal career. More than just a text on job searches and career planning, Career Directions and the Career Handbook are your complete career management reference tools for preparing you to find your first position after graduation or guide you through a career transition. You will find yourself referring back to them at different points in your career to explore new opportunities or affirm the course you are on. This 7th edition of Career Directions continues to focus on new paths to your ideal career that include: • Social media profiles • Online career portfolios • Multiple resume versions • Maximizing the use of keywords With over thirty years of experience in career development and human resources, author Donna Yena brings a practitioner's perspective to Career Directions. Her experience as Vice President of Career Development and Alumni Relations at Johnson & Wales University, along with her background as a manager, instructor, and curriculum designer, contribute to the advice and techniques found in Career Directions: New Paths to Your Ideal Career and the Career Handbook.
2. Self- Assessment
3. Goal Setting and Career Decision Making
4. Personal Development
5. Career and Job Research Tools
6. Your Career Portfolio
7. social Media Profiles
8. Career Networking
9. Internships and Co-op Programs
10. Resume and Job Applications
12. Successful Interviews
13. Growing Your Career
14. Contemporary Issues in the Workplace
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources