Business Driven Information Systems, 8th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Business Driven Information Systems discusses various business initiatives first and how technology supports those initiatives second. The premise for this unique approach is that business initiatives should drive technology choices and provides the foundation that will enable students to achieve excellence in business, regardless of their major. The text is available with Connect, McGraw Hill’s course management and adaptive learning system, helping millions of students reach their potential every year. The new 8th edition is state of the art in its discussions, presents concepts in an easy-to-understand format, and allows students to be active participants in learning. By engaging students with numerous case studies, exercises, projects, and questions that enforce concepts, Business Driven Information Systems creates a unique learning experience for both faculty and students.
Chapter 1: Management Information Systems: Business Driven MIS
Chapter 2: Decisions and Processes: Value Driven Business
Chapter 3: Ebusiness: Electronic Business Value
Chapter 4: Ethics and Information Security: MIS Business Concerns
MODULE 2:Technical Foundations of MIS
Chapter 5: Infrastructures: Sustainable Technologies
Chapter 6: Data: Business Intelligence
Chapter 7: Networks: Mobile Business
MIS Chapter 8:Enterprise Applications: Business Communications
Chapter 9:Systems Development and Project Management: Corporate Responsibility
Appendix A: Hardware and Software Basics
Appendix B: Networks and Telecommunications
Appendix C: Designing Databases
Appendix D: Emerging Trends and Technologies
Appendix E: Overview of a Connected World Connectivity: The Business Value of a Networked World
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources