Fit & Well: Core Concepts and Labs in Physical Fitness and Wellness, 15th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Fit & Well gives students the knowledge and skills to make meaningful and lasting behavior changes. The most trusted and proven science-based content in a new edition and digital teaching and learning tools help college students improve their exercise, eating, and stress management habits. Fit & Well is written by experts who work and teach in the fields of exercise science, physical education, and health education. Fit & Well provides accurate, reliable current information on key health and fitness topics while also addressing issues related to mind-body health, diversity, research, and consumer health.
UPDATES INFORMED BY STUDENT DATA Changes to this edition reflect new research findings, updated statistics, and current hot topics, like COVID-19, that impact students’ fitness and wellness behaviors. Revisions were also guided by student performance data collected anonymously from the tens of thousands of students who have used SmartBook with Fit & Well. Because virtually every text paragraph is tied to several questions that students answer while using SmartBook, the specific concepts that students are having the most difficulty with can be pinpointed through empirical data.
Fit & Well motivates students through Connect and LearnSmart: The digital teaching and learning tools within Connect are built on the solid foundation of Fit & Well's authoritative, science-based content. Fit & Well is written by experts who work and teach in the fields of exercise science, physical education, and health education. Fit & Well provides accurate, reliable current information on key health and fitness topics while also addressing issues related to mind-body health, diversity, research, and consumer health.
Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective.
1. INTRODUCTION TO WELLNESS, FITNESS, AND LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT
2. PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICAL FITNESS
3. CARDIORESPIRATORY ENDURANCE
4. MUSCULAR STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE
5. FLEXIBILITY AND LOW-BACK HEALTH
6. BODY COMPOSITION
7. PUTTING TOGETHER A COMPLETE FITNESS PROGRAM
9. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
10. STRESS MANAGEMENT AND SLEEP
11. CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH AND DIABETES
13. SUBSTANCE USE AND MISUSE
14. SEXUAL WELLNESS
15. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
A. INJURY PREVENTION AND PERSONAL SAFETY
B. MONITORING YOUR PROGRESS
BEHAVIOR CHANGE WORKBOOK
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.