Simulation Modeling and Analysis, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Simulation Modeling and Analysis provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, and technically correct treatment of all important aspects of a simulation study. The book strives to make this material understandable by the use of intuition and numerous figures, examples, and problems. It is equally well suited for use in university courses, simulation practice, and self-study. The book is widely regarded as the “bible” of simulation and now has more than 172,000 copies in print and has been cited more than 18,500 times. This textbook can serve as the primary text for a variety of courses. It is used in leading industrial and systems engineering departments at Georgia Tech, University of Michigan, University of California at Berkeley, Stanford University, Purdue University, Texas A&M University, Columbia University, University of Washington, and Naval Postgraduate School.
1) Basic Simulation Modeling
2) Modeling Complex Systems
3) Simulation Software
4) Review of Basic Probability and Statistics
5) Building Valid, Credible, and Appropriately Detailed Simulation Models
6) Selecting Input Probability Distributions
7) Random-Number Generators
8) Generating Random Variates
9) Output Data Analysis for a Single System
10) Comparing Alternative System Configurations
11) Variance-Reduction Techniques
12) Experimental Design, Sensitivity Analysis, and Optimization
13) Simulation of Manufacturing Systems
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources