Consumer Education and Economics © 2008
Grades: 9 - 11
Consumer Education & Economics is a contemporary consumer education program that covers all financial literacy basics including understanding our economy, managing family and personal finances, understanding and managing credit, and making well-informed purchasing decisions.
- Skill development focuses on critical thinking, decision-making, problem solving, and resource management.
- Economic Impact & Issues features explore how events impact the economy with issues such as the cost of college, consumer confidence, saving for retirement, and insuring against disaster.
- Savvy Consumer features guide students in applying their knowledge as they analyze actual situations.
- Contemporary content includes changes and developments in health care systems, consumer laws, and the continued growth of Internet resources.
- Dollars and Sense features provide practical tips to help students make the most of their money.
- Reading with Purpose features build reading skills. Students learn to define vocabulary, visualize ideas, paraphrase chapter content, and create outlines.
- InfoSource features help students develop essential consumer skills of finding and utilizing print and online resources for reliable information.