About the Program
Content Essentials in Science:
- Pre-teaches important vocabulary
- Provides language-level differentiation
- Offers a strong technology component that provides animation, interactive activities, photo libraries, visual dictionaries, and video on important science concepts
- Can be used with any science and language arts curricula
- Can be delivered by teachers, coaches, or para-professionals
- Is especially effective with ELL and at-risk students
- Handbooks develop the key concepts in Earth, Life, and Physical Science. Teachers utilize as needed to make science content more accessible for all students.
- Each Student Handbook and corresponding Teacher Guide is organized in two parts: Science Essentials and Literacy Essentials.
- Provides clear and concise instructional routines to help teachers deliver content, vocabulary, and nonfiction reading and writing instruction. It includes the Student Handbook pages with wrap-around notes at point-of-use for ease of instruction.
- Each Student Handbook and corresponding Teacher Guide is organized in two parts: Science Essentials and Literacy Essentials. Part 1: Science Essentials, helps students learn about science ideas and the academic vocabulary used to talk about them. Part 2: Literacy Essentials, teach students how to read and comprehend content-area text.
Blackline Masters Book
- Offers additional support on critical science vocabulary and concepts. Also reinforces important reading and writing skills.
Poster Big Book (Grades K-2)/Overhead Transparencies (Grades 3-6)
- Used to model comprehension and language strategies.
Student and Teacher Technology Tools
- Every lesson includes an electronic version of the Student Handbook, along with video and multimedia to support content and literacy instruction.
Clear All Filters
Showing of Results
Showing of Results
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.
Additional Details & Resources
- Research Base: Content Essentials for Science
Learning content related vocabulary and literacy skills is important for success in a science program, particularly for ELL students. This report discusses research that shows the benefits of integrating literacy and vocabulary instruction in a science curriculum.
- Indiana Department of Education: Effective Programs for English Language Learners (ELL) with Interrupted Formal Education