Vive le francais!
About the Program
Based on research that proves that students learn a second language better when they are young, Vive le francais! is a complete and self-contained beginning French program for school systems that have a French teacher. It introduces young learners to French in a fun and friendly way and builds basic language that the students can use immediately and with confidence. It is the ideal program for school systems that are looking for an extended world language curriculum. Vive le francais! emphasizes Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities, the Five Cs of the National Standards for Foreign Language Learning.
The main objectives of Vive le francais! are to help children attain an acceptable degree of proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in an informal and relaxed environment, and to introduce the children to the cultures of French-speaking people. To accomplish these goals, Vive le francais! focuses on the children's world and stimulates their interest through physical activities, attractive visual aids, and appealing listening materials. All of the program components are integrated to provide children with immediately applicable language related to the people, places, and things around them, thus, motivating their desire to learn and giving them the confidence and the willingness to use the French language.
Learning System A:
- Focuses on listening and speaking skills.
- Builds basic vocabulary and expressions essential for everyday communication
Learning System B:
- Further develops listening and speaking skills
- Increases vocabulary and ability to associate the spoken with the written word
- Introduces simple reading tasks
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.