Everyday Mathematics, Second Edition © 2001/2002
Everyday Mathematics is an enriched, comprehensive, and balanced mathematics curriculum for grades K-6. Used in over 175,000 classrooms and with over 2.8 million students, Everyday Mathematics has a proven legacy of success. Districts from all over the country have reported strong evidence of dramatic improvement student achievement and test scores.
Everyday Mathematics, Second Edition, is user-friendly and gives comprehensive teacher support. As a direct result of teacher feedback, the updated program includes:
- Easy-to-use 3-part lesson plans for each unit
- Grade-specific Assessment Handbooks full of suggestions for monitoring progress
- Hardcover Student Reference Books now available at each grade for Grades 3-6
- The Basics - Plenty of attention to computational and arithmetic skills
- Rigorous Math - In-depth study of all the mathematics strands: geometry, data, probability, measurement, algebra and the uses of variables Learned and applied over time and a wide variety of contexts
- Meaningful Problem Solving - Woven throughout every lesson
- Cross-Curricular Connections
- Meaningful Teacher Support - Teacher materials are easy to use and provide multiple options for teaching to individual needs
- Inservice and training provided for maximum implementation results
- A variety of assessment tools
A wide array of test scores from across the country give repeated examples of the Everyday Mathematics legacy that high expectations lead to dramatic student improvement!