Food for Today © 2010
Treat students to the best and most comprehensive foods textbook with Glencoe's Food for Today, based on the latest research-based nutrition to develop lifelong heathy eating habits! Numerous illustrations, step-by-step activities, and visualization of correct portions are included. All new FACS standards for the foods classroom are met.
- Focus on food prep and kitchen basics include kitchen tools, safety, and sanitation.
- Topic-related and point-of-use academic integration with Science in Action and Kitchen Math features help teachers meet Perkins mandates.
- English language arts and writing activities correlated to national standards.
- New and revised focus on light and healthy recipes.
- International recipes are provided.
- Activities that develop consumer savvy about food choices, nutrition, and keeping a grocery budget are incorporated.
- Hands-on Kitchen Lab and unit-long projects reinforce concepts through application.