United States Government: Our Democracy © 2016
The fully integrated print and digital content of United States Government: Our Democracy is grounded in solid pedagogy, strong authorship, and includes a full suite of thoughtfully designed teaching and learning tools.
- Focus on big ideas with an accessible student text built around essential questions and inquiry.
- Maximize comprehension with the Reading Help-Desk included in each lesson to assist students with building vocabulary, cultivating reading strategies, and strengthening note-taking skills.
- Analyze a variety of primary and secondary sources including text excerpts, political cartoons, photographs, graphs, charts, and maps.
- Develop strong critical thinking, analytical, and compromise skills with Debate and Deliberation features.
- Challenge students to "be the judge" in Supreme Court Case Studies; students will classify arguments, assign unmarked opinions and decide cases, apply precedents to recent cases, and conduct in-class moot courts.
- Customize the learning experience for differentiated instruction using leveled reading, customizable assessments and worksheets, and flexible online learning tools.
- Facilitate mastery of complex principles with dynamic digital tools.
Networks Digital Overview