Chemistry: Concepts and Applications © 2005
Using Chemistry: Concepts and Applications, you can:
- Provide clear chemistry application of key concepts with inquiry-based Launch Labs, safe and “doable” MiniLabs, and classroom-proven ChemLabs. Additional resource options are available for forensics, small-scale and probeware labs.
- Engage your students with exciting, colorful introductions to the chapter content, including a Launch Lab, previews like What I Already Know and Reading Chemistry, and a link to Chemistry Online.
- Help students prepare for local, state, and national tests with Standardized Test Practice and Test-Taking Tips in the chapter assessment.
- Offer a variety of review and practice opportunities with Example Problems, Practice Problems, and Supplemental Practice Problems.
- Provide your students with the side-by-side English/Spanish Glossary (Glossary/Glosario)—a unique learning tool for ELL students.
- Chapter 1 Chemistry: The Science of Matter
- Chapter 2 Matter is Made up of Atoms
- Chapter 3 Introduction to the Periodic Table
- Chapter 4 Formation of compounds
- Chapter 5 Types of Compounds
- Chapter 6 Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chapter 7 Completing the Model of the Atom
- Chapter 8 Periodic Properties of the Elements
- Chapter 9 Chemical Bonding
- Chapter 10 The Kinetic Theory of Matter
- Chapter 11 Behavior of Gases
- Chapter 12 Chemical Quantities
- Chapter 13 Water and its Solutions
- Chapter 14 Acids, Bases, and pH
- Chapter 15 Acids and Bases React
- Chapter 16 Oxidation-Reduction Reactions
- Chapter 17 Electrochemistry
- Chapter 18 Organic Chemistry
- Chapter 19 The Chemistry of Life
- Chapter 20 Chemical Reactions and Energy
- Chapter 21 Nuclear Chemistry