The American Journey: Modern Times © 2009
Accessible Reading and Reading Strategies Are a Priority
- Exclusive! Foldables—student-made three-dimensional graphic organizers—are a unique strategy that helps students read effectively and also can be used as assessment or study tools.
- A Guide to Reading, Reading Checks, and a Summary in every chapter keep students on track as they learn to read for information and process what they’ve read.
- The extensive use of graphics, maps, and photography creates a visual/verbal approach that appeals to all your students.
Relevance is Part of Every Lesson
- TIME Notebooks allow students to step into the past, learning about everyday life in various periods and the “hot topics” of different eras.
- What Life Was Like and Hands-On History fully engage students in learning and give them an understanding of parallels between earlier generations and their own.
National Geographic Brings its Unequalled Expertise to Every Page
- Colorful, easy-to-read maps help students understand the where and why of history.
- Geography and History features show students how geography and events intertwine to create the history of a location or the nation.
Continual Practice in Social Studies Skills
- The program emphasizes skill development—from reading maps to analyzing primary and secondary sources to exploring the connections between history and geography, economics, government, citizenship, and current events.
Abundant Opportunities for Students to Demonstrate Proficiency
- The Standardized Test Practice provides systematic, ongoing test preparation. As your students learn, they are simultaneously preparing to demonstrate their knowledge of American history in standardized test formats.