The New Extraordinary Leader, 3rd Edition: Turning Good Managers into Great Leaders, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
The landmark guide that built a generation of extraordinary leaders—fully updated and revised
The definitive guide to 21st Century business leadership, The New Extraordinary Leader shook the foundations of leadership as we knew it when it was published in 2002. Since then, we have seen tectonic shifts in the world of business—and this revised and updated edition provides the data and insights you need to address them all.
Jack Zenger and Jim Folkman’s proprietary 360 feedback assessment of leaders in the real world—how they lead, what works, and what doesn’t—provides the data that makes The Extraordinary Leader unique in a crowded field of such books. In this new edition, the authors deliver proven lessons based on feedback from 120,000 leaders from all corners of the globe.
Inside, you’ll find:
• New chapters on leadership competencies, cross training, and self-development
• New methods for getting inspired and empowered by demystifying leadership
• New evidence on many ways leaders can singlehandedly boost innovation, employee engagement, profitability, and more
• New research on the importance of developing strong leadership teams
If you’re looking to dramatically step up your leadership game, if you’re looking for hard evidence of how to do it the right way, and if you’re looking to drive measurable positive change in your organization—you need look no further.
The New Extraordinary Leader, Third Edition delivers the information and insight you need to lead effectively in today’s volatile, global economy.
HOW INDIVIDUALS DEVELOP THEIR
1 Demystifying Leadership
2 Great Leaders Make a Great Difference
3 The Competency Quest
4 How The Extraordinary Leader Behaves
5 Great Leaders Possess Multiple Strengths
6 Leaders Must Fit Their Organization
7 Fatal Flaws Must Be Fixed
8 Alternative Paths for Leadership Development
9 How Individuals Develop Themselves
PART I I
THE ORGANIZATION’S ROLE IN
FILLING THE LEADERSHIP PIPELINE
10 Tailor Leadership Development to the Organization
11 Define the Scale and Scope
12 Ensure Executive Support
13 Use Powerful Learning Methods
14 Embed Leadership Development into the Culture
15 Sustain and Follow-Through
PART I I I
TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
16 Women in Leadership
17 Measure Improvement
18 Develop Leadership Teams
Appendix: Research Methodology