Final exams may seem scary, but they don’t have to be! Here is a guide to nailing your final exams.
- Dont Procrastinate! Familiarize yourself with the date and time of your exams. Knowing when the exam will be is the first step in preparing for it!
- Manage Your Time. Time management will benefit you when dealing with final exams. Once you know the exam date, you can create a study schedule that will give you enough time to study and prepare. An effective way to manage your time is by creating a weekly schedule with designated study times and breaks. For example, every Monday and Wednesday from 1pm-3pm you can study for an accounting final exam. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 1pm-3pm you can study for an economics final exam. By setting designated times for studying, you won’t burn yourself out, and you will be able to study effectively. The best way to manage your time is to stay organized and take study breaks!
- Do Practice Tests. One of the ways that I find to be most effective is taking practice tests or completing some practice questions. This study technique has helped me ace final exams. Practice tests and questions are great ways to study because you can figure out what you do and don’t know before taking the actual exam! Narrowing down topics you struggle with can help you determine which concepts you need to spend some extra time studying.
- Use Flashcards. Other study techniques that I like are flashcards, watching videos explaining relevant topics, and reviewing notes, feedback, and homework assignments.
- Relax! Lastly, don’t forget to spend time doing things you enjoy. Hobbies and activities that don’t revolve around final exams and studying are important as well! Self-care is the key to reducing stress during finals week. Don’t forget to drink enough water, eat enough food, get enough sleep, and move your body!