AUSTIN, Texas (March 1, 2018) – Learning science company McGraw-Hill today announced its full schedule of programming for next week’s SXSW EDU conference, joining thousands of educators, students and innovators once again to explore what’s next in education. From March 5-8, McGraw-Hill will engage in panel sessions, host guest speakers in its McGraw-Hill Learning Lab and join Austin Community College for a special reception and tour of the college’s innovative ACCelerator digital learning space. Additionally, SXSW EDU attendees will be able to stop by its onsite lounge to help the company give back to school projects through DonorsChoose.org.
McGraw-Hill will be participating in six panel sessions, three of which will be hosted within the McGraw-Hill Learning Lab (Hilton Austin, Room 406).
- Learning Science in the Wild: Learning scientists will share insights from recent research projects and make suggestions on how educators and administrators can apply what they’ve learned in schools and colleges. [2 p.m. -3 p.m., Monday, March 5, Hilton Austin, Room 406]
- Three Ways Education Leaders are Thinking About Equity: The session will focus on how education leaders from K-12 and higher education can help address the challenges of equity in education and closing achievement gaps. [2 p.m. -3 p.m., Tuesday, March 6, Hilton Austin, Room 406]
- Closing the Digital Gap in Urban Districts: This panel will focus on the digital divide, particularly across urban school districts, which are still lagging behind in providing access to devices and supporting new technology infrastructure. [5 p.m.- 6 p.m., Tuesday, March 6, Hilton Austin Downtown Salon C]
- AI: Learning Game-Changer or Something to Fear?: This panel will examine the issues colleges and others in higher education must consider as artificial intelligence matures. [11 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Wednesday, March 7, Hilton Austin Downtown Salon G]
- Teaching the New Majority-Minority Generation: This panel will discuss questions and solutions to support students and educators as classrooms shift to new majority-minority settings. [11 a.m. - 12 p.m. on Wednesday, March 7, Hilton Austin Downtown Room 400 – 402]
- Learning Science: Becoming a Better Learner: The session will focus on how we can all learn more effectively and efficiently, from practicing better to how learners can get grittier. [2 p.m. - 3 p.m., Wednesday, March 7, Hilton Austin, Room 406]
In addition to the panel sessions, McGraw-Hill has several other activities at SXSW EDU:
- Guided Tour of the ACCelerator, an Innovative Digital Learning Space: McGraw-Hill is joining Austin Community College for a reception and guided tour of the college’s unique ACCelerator lab, a state-of the-art facility created out of an abandoned mall, which now provides over 600 individual workstations for personalized learning. [6 p.m. - 8 p.m., Wednesday, March 7]
- McGraw-Hill Learning Lab: McGraw-Hill's Learning Lab will be open during conference hours (Monday-Wednesday 9:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Thursday 9:30 a.m. - Noon) for attendees to visit in-between sessions to recharge, grab some coffee and help McGraw-Hill give back to local school projects through DonorsChoose.org.
For more information on McGraw-Hill's participation in SXSW EDU 2018, download the official SXSW EDU mobile app, and check out our website. McGraw-Hill will also be posting live tweets from SXSW EDU through its Twitter feeds: @MHEducation, @mhhighered and @McGrawHillK12.