Harrison, American Democracy Now, © 2022, 7e
About the Program
American Democracy Now engages students in politics through relevant content and a rich set of pedagogical tools that develop Enduring Understandings, align with Learning Objectives, offer comprehensive coverage of the Essential Knowledge Statements, and provide students with opportunities to apply Disciplinary Practices and Reasoning Processes to support success on the AP U.S. Government and Politics exam.
Accessible to students at all levels, the narrative is brought to life through compelling visuals and graphics. The “Then, Now, Next” framework helps students gain a comprehensive understanding of our government yesterday, today, and—through the development of critical thinking skills—tomorrow. Updated discussions of the current political context include the impact of the pandemic and the upsurge in movements calling for racial justice, as well as new considerations about the role of the media in politics and ideological debates on topics such as health care and election interference. American Democracy Now also includes:
• Chapters that are organized within Units to directly align with the AP framework.
• Clearly identified AP-specific features to help students apply the AP Disciplinary Practices and Reasoning Processes to the content and develop skill mastery.
• Unit openers that introduce AP Big Ideas and chapter openers that spotlight AP Enduring Understandings and focus the learning ahead.
• Required Supreme Court cases that are highlighted and supported with annotations and activities for in-depth analysis and understanding.
• Integrated coverage of essential foundational documents which provide opportunities for a deeper analysis.
• Integrated data-analysis activities to help students consume political data in a meaningful way.
• A variety of graphs, charts, illustrations, photos, political cartoons, text-based documents, and commentary to provide additional source-analysis activities.
• AP Exam Practice at the end of each chapter and unit that emulates the actual AP exam, giving students repeated practice opportunities.
Harrison, American Democracy Now, AP Ed, 2021, 7e, Online Teacher Edition, 6 yr subscription
Harrison, American Democracy Now, AP Ed, 2022, 7e, Online Teacher Edition, 1 yr subscription
Harrison, American Democracy Now, AP Teacher Edition, 2022, 7e
Harrison, American Democracy Now, AP Ed, 2022, 7e, Online Student Edition, 1 yr subscription
Harrison, American Democracy Now, AP Ed, 2022, 7e, Online Student Edition, 6 yr subscription
Harrison, American Democracy Now, AP Edition, 2022, 7e, Student Edition
Harrison, American Democracy Now, AP Edition, 2022, 7e, Student Print & Digital Bundle (Student Edition with Online Student Edition), 1-year subscription
Harrison, American Democracy Now, AP Edition, 2022, 7e, Student Print & Digital Bundle (Student Edition with Online Student Edition), 6-year subscription
Additional Details & Resources
UNIT 1 Foundations of American Democracy
- CHAPTER 1 People, Politics, and Participation
- CHAPTER 2 The Constitution
- CHAPTER 3 Federalism
UNIT 2 Interactions Among Branches of Government
- CHAPTER 4 Congress
- CHAPTER 5 The Presidency
- CHAPTER 6 The Judiciary
- CHAPTER 7 The Bureaucracy
UNIT 3 Civil Liberties and Civil Rights
- CHAPTER 8 Civil Liberties
- CHAPTER 9 Civil Rights
UNIT 4 American Political Ideologies and Beliefs
- CHAPTER 10 Political Socialization and Public Opinion
- CHAPTER 11 Economic Policy
- CHAPTER 12 Domestic Policy
- CHAPTER 13 Foreign Policy and National Security
UNIT 5 Political Participation
- CHAPTER 14 Campaigns, Elections, and Voting
- CHAPTER 15 Political Parties
- CHAPTER 16 Interest Groups
- CHAPTER 17 The Media
- CHAPTER 18 Politics and Technology