Fluid Mechanics, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Fluid Mechanics is the study of fluids as an important branch of engineering mechanics. Almost everything on this planet either is a fluid or moves within or near a fluid. The essence of the subject of fluid flow is a judicious compromise between theory and experiment. This textbook not only makes a great deal of theoretical treatment available, but also provides experimental results as a natural and easy complement to the theory. The principles considered in the book are fundamental, and have been well established. However, in presenting this important subject, we have drawn on our own ideas and experience. Throughout the revisions, the informal and student-oriented writing style has been retained and further enhanced, and if it succeeds, has the flavor of an interactive lecture by the authors. “An excellent text that provides a very good foundation without being overwhelming. Rigorous enough for anyone who wants to learn.” -John Paccione, University of Albany, College of Engineering
Chapter 3 Integral Relations for a Control Volume
Chapter 4 Differential Relations for Fluid Flow
Chapter 5 Dimensional Analysis and Similarity
Chapter 6 Viscous Flow in Ducts
Chapter 7 Flow Past Immersed Bodies
Chapter 8 Potential Flow and Computational Fluid Dynamics
Chapter 9 Compressible Flow
Chapter 10 Open-Channel Flow
Chapter 11 Turbomachinery
Appendix A Physical Properties of Fluids
Appendix B Compressible Flow Tables
Appendix C Conversion Factors
Appendix D Equations of Motion in Cylindrical Coordinates
Appendix E Estimating Uncertainty in Experimental Data
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources