Cursive Writing Program 2004
About the Program
The Cursive Writing Program is a 140-lesson program that not only teaches students to write in cursive, but how to write faster and more accurately. Easy-to-teach lessons include concise instructional plans, and simplified manuscripts make cursive writing easy and almost effortless to learn. The Cursive Writing Program's model and practice strategies emphasize showing rather than telling, and the program's teacher-directed lessons and teaching principles make classroom instruction effective.
With the Cursive Writing Program, you can build handwriting skills so students can focus on meaning and expression.
- Fully scripted lessons help you introduce strokes and guide letter formation
- A simplified orthography reduces unnecessary frills
- Slant bars in the workbook prompt correct spacing
- Emphasis on high-frequency words and letter combinations increases writing speed
- Timed practice sessions prepare students to write quickly and neatly in testing situations
- At-a-glance references support better handwriting every day
Cursive Writing Program, Teacher Presentation Book
Cursive Writing Program, Student Workbook
Additional Details & Resources
- Teaching Handwriting Helps Students Achieve Success
In this article, Sam Miller discusses that the simple act of teaching children to use cursive writing fluently and legibly can impact their ability to be successful. Years of research support that claim, which may sound old-fashioned in today’s world. Yet, because success in today’s classroom has a heavy emphasis on testing, it may be even truer today than it was 20 years ago when I first developed Cursive Writing.