Water Quality & Treatment: A Handbook on Drinking Water, 6th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The definitive water quality and treatment resource--fully revised and updated
Comprehensive, current, and written by leading experts, Water Quality & Treatment: A Handbook on Drinking Water, Sixth Edition covers state-of-the-art technologies and methods for water treatment and quality control. Significant revisions and new material in this edition reflect the latest advances and critical topics in water supply and treatment. Presented by the American Water Works Association, this is the leading source of authoritative information on drinking water quality and treatment.
NEW CHAPTERS ON:
- Chemical principles, source water composition, and watershed protection
- Natural treatment systems
- Water reuse for drinking water augmentation
- Ultraviolet light processes
- Formation and control of disinfection by-products
DETAILED COVERAGE OF:
- Drinking water standards, regulations, goals, and health effects
- Hydraulic characteristics of water treatment reactors
- Gas-liquid processes and chemical oxidation
- Coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, and flotation
- Granular media and membrane filtration
- Ion exchange and adsorption of inorganic contaminants
- Precipitation, coprecipitation, and precipitative softening
- Adsorption of organic compounds by activated carbon
- Chemical disinfection
- Internal corrosion and deposition control
- Microbiological quality control in distribution systems
- Water treatment plant residuals management