THiNK, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
THiNK is a multicultural and interdisciplinary introductory critical thinking ethics textbook and provides students with the skills necessary to make and commit to decisions in their lives based on reason and logic. Each chapter in THiNK addresses a different topic related to critical thinking beginning with the basic critical-thinking skills, which are covered in Chapters 1 to 6. Chapters 7 and 8 address the use of these critical-thinking skills in analyzing inductive and deductive arguments. Chapters 9 to 13 are optional. Each of these chapters involves applying the critical skills studied in Chapters 1 to 8 to a different contemporary issue. The major sections in each chapter are each followed by a series of exercises which encourage students to apply their critical-thinking skills to specific questions or issues.
CHAPTER 1: Critical Thinking: Why It's ImportantCHAPTER 2: Reason and Emotion
CHAPTER 3: Language and Communication
CHAPTER 4: Knowledge, Evidence, and Errors in Thinking
CHAPTER 5: Informal Fallacies
CHAPTER 6: Recognizing, Analyzing, and Constructing Arguments
CHAPTER 7: Inductive Arguments
CHAPTER 8: Deductive Arguments
CHAPTER 9: Ethics and Moral Decision Making
CHAPTER 10: Marketing and Advertising
CHAPTER 11: Mass Media
CHAPTER 12: Science
CHAPTER 13: Law and Politics
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.