Theatre: The Lively Art, 10th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Theatre: The Lively Art remains the best-selling program for Theatre Appreciation courses. With its hallmark focus on preparing future audience members, students will learn how theatre functions, how it should be viewed and judged, and the transition behind any performance they may attend.
Part 1. Theatre in Today's World
Chapter 1. Theatre is Everywhere
Chapter 2. The Audience
Part 2. Creating Theatre: The Playwright
Chapter 3. Creating the Dramatic Script
Chapter 4. Theatrical Genres
Part 3. Creating Theatre: The Production
Chapter 5. Acting for the Stage
Chapter 6. The Director and the Producer
Chapter 7. Theatre Spaces
Chapter 8. Scenery
Chapter 9. Stage Costumes
Chapter 10. Lighting and Sound
Part 4. Global Theatres: Past and Present
Chapter 11. Early Theatre: Greek, Roman, and Medieval
Chapter 12. Early Theatre: Asian
Chapter 13. Renaissance Theatres
Chapter 14. Theatres from the Restoration through Romanticism
Chapter 15. The Modern Theatre Emerges
Chapter 16. Today's Diverse Global Theatre
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org