* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Foundations in Microbiology is an allied health microbiology text with a taxonomic approach to the disease chapters. It offers an engaging and accessible writing style through the use of case studies and analogies to thoroughly explain difficult microbiology concepts.
1. The Main Themes of Microbiology
2. The Chemistry of Biology
3. Tools of the Laboratory: Methods of Studying Microorganisms
4. A Survey of Prokaryotic Cells and Microorganisms
5. A Survey of Eukaryotic Cells and Microorganisms
6. An Introduction to Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
7. Microbial Nutrition, Ecology, and Growth
8. An Introduction to Microbial Metabolism: The Chemical Crossroads of Life
9. An Introduction to Microbial Genetics
10. Genetic Engineering: A Revolution in Molecular Biology
11. Physical and Chemical Agents for Microbial Control
12. Drugs, Microbes, Host--The Elements of Chemotherapy
13. Microbe-Human Interactions: Infection, Disease, and Epidemiology
14. An Introduction to Host Defenses and Innate Immunities
15. Adaptive, Specific Immunity and Immunization
16. Disorders in Immunity
17. Procedures for Identifying Pathogens and Diagnosing Infections
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.