Survey of Operating Systems6th Edition
By Jane Holcombe and Charles Holcombe
Product Details +
* This title provides an introduction to common desktop operating systems (including Windows, Apple OS X, and Linux) using illustrations and hands-on activities to build a foundation for success and confidence in problem solving.
* The new edition features mobile operating systems, computer security, desktop virtualization, and connecting computers and mobile devices to networks.
1. Introduction to Operating Systems
2. Computer Security Basics
3. Desktop Virtualization
4. Windows 7
5. Windows 10
6. Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 207
7. Apple macOS on the Desktop
8. Linux on the Desktop
9. Chromebooks and Chrome OS
10. Connecting Desktops and Laptops to Networks
11. Mobile Operating Systems: iOS and Android