* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Strategic Management, 5e by Frank T. Rothaermel is the fastest growing Strategy title in the market because it uses a unified, singular voice to help students synthesize and integrate theory, empirical research, and practical applications with current, real-world examples. His approach not only offers students a learning experience that uniquely combines rigor and relevance, but also provides tight linkage between the concepts and cases. Rothaermel 5e prepares students with the foundation they need to understand how companies gain and sustain competitive advantage, while developing students’ skills to become successful future leaders capable of making well-reasoned strategic decisions.
1. What Is Strategy?
2. Strategic Leadership: Managing the Strategy Process
3. External Analysis: Industry Structure, Competitive Forces, and Strategic Groups
4. Internal Analysis: Resources, Capabilities, and Core Competencies
5. Competitive Advantage, Firm Performance, and Business Models
PART TWO: FORMULATION
6. Business Strategy: Differentiation, Cost Leadership, and Blue Oceans
7. Business Strategy: Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Platforms
8. Corporate Strategy: Vertical Integration and Diversification
9. Corporate Strategy: Strategic Alliances, Mergers, and Acquisitions
10. Global Strategy: Competing Around the World
PART THREE: IMPLEMENTATION
11. Organizational Design: Structure, Culture, and Control
12. Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
PART FOUR: MINICASES
How to Conduct a Case Analysis
1. Apple: What’s Next?2. Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson: " I'm not Howard Schultz"
3. BlackBerry’s Rise and Fall
4. Nike’s Core Competency: The Risky Business of Creating Heroes
5. Business Model Innovation: How Dollar Shave Club Disrupted Gillette
6. How JCPenney Sailed into a Red Ocean
7. Platform Strategy: How PayPal Solved the Chicken-or-Egg Problem
8. GE: Corporate Strategy Gone Wrong
9. Disney: Building Billion Dollar Franchises
10. Hollywood Goes Global
11. Yahoo: From Internet Darling to Fire Sale
12. Uber: Ethically Most Challenges Tech Company?
1. Airbnb Inc.*
3. Facebook, Inc.*
4. Space X
5. Delta Air Lines, Inc.
6. The Movie Exhibition Industry
7. Starbucks Corporation*
8. The Vanguard Group*
9. Better World Books and the Triple Bottom Line
10. McDonald's Corporation*
11. Best Buy Co., Inc.*
12. Walmart, Inc.
13. Tesla, Inc.*
14. Netflix, Inc.*
15. Amazon.com., Inc.*
16. Apple, Inc.*
17. The Walt Disney Company*
18. UPS in India
19. Alphabet's Google
20. Merck & Co., Inc.
21. Nike, Inc.*
22. Uber Technologies
*Note: The 12 Full-Length cases are included as a separate complimentary eBook in Connect are: Airbnc, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Starbucks Corporation, The Vanguard Group, McDonald’s Corporation, Best Buy Co., Inc., Tesla, Inc., Netflix, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Apple, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Nike, Inc.
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.