Steam Plant Operation, 10th Edition, 10th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The definitive reference on the role of steam in the production and operation of power plants for electric generation and industrial process applications
For more than 80 years, Steam Plant Operation has been an unmatched source of information on steam power plants, including design, operation, and maintenance. The Tenth Edition emphasizes the importance of devising a comprehensive energy plan utilizing all economical sources of energy, including fossil fuels, nuclear power, and renewable energy sources. This trusted classic discusses the important role that steam plays in our power production and identifies the associated risks and potential problems of other energy sources. You will find concise explanations of key concepts, from fundamentals through design and operation. For energy students, Steam Plant Operation provides a solid introduction to steam power plant technology.
This practical guide includes common power plant calculations such as plant heat rate, boiler efficiency, pump performance, combustion processes, and explains the systems necessary to control plant emissions. Numerous illustrations and clear presentation of the material will prove invaluable for those preparing for an operator’s license exam. Examples throughout show real-world application of the topics discussed.
• Steam and Its Importance
• Design and Construction of Boilers
• Combustion of Fuels
• Boiler Settings, Combustion Systems, and Auxiliary Equipment
• Boiler Accessories
• Operation and Maintenance of Boilers
• Steam Turbines, Condensers, and Cooling Towers
• Operating and Maintaining Steam Turbines, Condensers, Cooling Towers, and Auxiliaries
• Auxiliary Steam Plant Equipment
• Environmental Control Systems
• Waste-to-Energy Plants